Sunday, October 27, 2013

R.I.P. Lou Reed



I first heard the Velvet Underground on an anthology album called DO IT NOW from the early seventies. It was the song ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES, sung by Nico. Around that same time, though, I heard Lou Reed's WALK ON THE WILD SIDE on FM radio and was fascinated by just how different it was from just about anything I'd heard on the air to that point. Over the years I always enjoyed seeing and reading about Lou, perhaps most of all in his wonderfully amusing cameos in the movie GET CRAZY where he plays a Dylan-like singer named Auden. He gets the final song in the film as well and it's lovely.

Rest in Peace, Lou.


1 comment:

  1. I love that movie appearance you reference. People were waiting all movie for Reed to sing a song and he doesn't until after the final credits (as I remember), a little special for folks like me and you who stayed to read all the credits.
    Most folks didn't hear that song, they were long gone.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete